3 Steps to Raise Money For Uniforms
It's that time of year again. Time to get the team assembled and start talking about team uniforms. Let's raise money for uniforms this year shall we? Everyone could use the money in their family budget, so why not look at some easy fundraising ideas to supply the uniform funds this year.
It is a Monday so Let's just dive right in shall we?
First things first. What Type of Uniform and Estimated Budget are we working with here? My best advice is to discuss options with a team uniform company
The amount of time and aggrevation will be lessoned if you get this part out of the way up front. Once you have an idea of what you want for the uniforms, and you have your cost for said uniforms you are ready for step 2.
Now, lets add the uniform quote to the rest of the teams budget. Make sure you have covered
- Tournament or Competiton Fees
- Website, Advertising Costs
Ok, You now have a total $ number for the teams total budget for the season. How is your team fundraising setup? Do each family get 100% of the profit they raise? You will want to consider all of these things, if you haven't already. Let's assume that they get 100% of the profit they raise. So you have a $10,000 Budget and 10 players on the team, each family needs to raise $1000. Now it is time to look at how we can raise $1000 per family.
We shall start a conversation about fundraising? There is no reason to go to work and grind just to pay for a child to play a sport. A few things I would consider if I am you, and those are path of least resistance things. Let's be real here, fundraising is a necessary evil that disrupts everyday life, and gives us one more thing to think about or remember.
Consider these things
- Profit Per Item- You want to make as much money as you can, as fast you can. Making it imperative to get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Sellability- Are you looking at a product that people will want? Is it a product you believe in as the person selling it? This makes for a whole other blog post, but let us just say it is easier to get behind a fundraiser that people don't run and hide when you are selling.
- Simplicity- Your supporters don't have time to try to figure out what you are asking from them so keep it simple.
We have looked at and reviewed several fundraisers in our day, and nothing has a stronger impact on a teams budget than the laundry detergent fundraiser. This fundraiser, has so many options, desirable product line, and 30% profit across the board on all products.