If your kids are like mine, they act like they can’t function on the field or court without a Gatorade or Powerade. Now it isn’t enough to grab one at the gas station for game day, these kids need a sports drink for practice, workouts, and games. Here are a few reasons this is bad:
- It’s One More Thing For You To Remember To Buy and Pack
- Those Sports Drinks Are LOADED with Sugar, Dyes, Preservatives, High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- Your kids body will start to crave sugar after workouts, and games.
Now the easy, and cheap solution is to just drink water right? Well there are a couple of reasons that isn’t the best choice. First off water is great, and the most important part of rehydration, but there are electrolytes that you need to replace that water will not do.
Sooooo how do I provide my kid with a healthier alternative that is electrolyte rich drink and doesn’t break the bank?
Let’s see……what google says. I mean that is what you do when you want to figure something out right?
Here is what I found it my Kids Love It! I am happy too, because I can mix up a lot of this at one time and refill bottles for the next day.
One other cool kicker…...IT ONLY HAS 1 TBL of Sugar Per Quart.
What you will Need
- Your Choice of Citrus Juice
- Sugar or Honey (Yeah...Honey is the overachiever health nut choice)
- Sea Salt
- Something to Stir With
- Your Least Favorite Kid or Their Friend To Test First Batch On 🙂
I have provided a few of my favorite recipes for you that will give your athletes a healthier alternative to Gatorade and Powerade at a fraction of the cost.
Get Creative and Have Fun With This. Comment Back With Your Favorite Recipes