In the past couple of weeks, we have outlined several measures that you may take in order to create the best marketing plan EVER for your laundry detergent fundraiser. Many feel that it is inappropriate to create a marketing plan for a fundraising event, but, it is not. In fact, a marketing plan is a highly viable tool for ensuring the overall success of your efforts for your cause. Last week, we outlined what measures may be taken to define your audience and creating messages that you will send to your target audience. This week, we will continue to expound on the communication efforts that are necessary to your overall success.
By this point, you have figured out your target audience and have probably composed a few promotional messages that you will use for your laundry detergent fundraiser. Now, you are ready to determine which communication channels you will use for contacting your audience. The following outlines a large assortment of communication channels that may be used. You may elect to use one, a few, or a combination of ALL of the following:
- Many will use a website that is dedicated to the organization and/or cause that they represent.
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and a blog, are all popular communication channels for a laundry detergent fundraiser.
- Many may elect to use paid advertising methods to promote their fundraiser. Examples include Google AdWords, banner advertisements, or even printed advertisements.
- Special communication channels such as emails, newsletters, and direct mailings are very popular when it comes to fundraising events.
- Brochures and posters may be used to communicate the purpose and intent of your laundry detergent fundraiser.
- Many may elect to use annual reports from their organization in order to communicate about their laundry detergent fundraiser.
- Additionally, special events such as special shows, contests, and community festivities are considered to be highly productive communication channels for those that are seeking to promote the laundry detergent fundraiser.
Analyzing Your Communications
Once you have defined your target audience, composed your messages, chosen your communication channels, and have started sending out messages, you should always engage in the act of analyzing your communications. This will allow you the opportunity to evaluate the overall quality of your marketing plan and its true level of effectiveness. You should consider the following:
- Are all of your communications consistent with the purpose and intent of the laundry detergent fundraiser that you are attempting to promote?
- Does your target audience see your organization in the way that your organization perceives itself?
- Does your organization or your individual promotional efforts aid in differentiating you from other organizations and people that focus on issues that are similar to yours?
Once you have analyzed your communication efforts, you should then adjust – based on the prior considerations. This will help you refine your efforts to reach those that may support your fundraising efforts. Remember, a fundraiser is more than just raising money. It is a process where you encourage others to support your cause. Communication is the most critical component of your success. This is why, if you want to create the best marketing plan EVER for your laundry detergent fundraiser, it is imperative that you place a high emphasis on communicating your purpose and intent to others.